Who We Are
Kokinara Ltd collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data protection Regulations which apply across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
What Information We Collect
We collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
- personal information such as your title, your name, date of birth
- contact information such as email address, shipping and billing addresses and telephone number
- financial information such as credit / debit card information
- your marketing preferences, including any consent you have given us when you subscribe to our newsletter or set up an online account
- if you contact us by email or via our social channels we may keep a record of that correspondence
- information related to the browser, device or operating system that you use to access our Services
- your IP address, the website you came from, information on actions taken on our services including, but not limited to, pages viewed, dates and times of visits, time spent on each page and products viewed, clicked on, added to your basket and purchased
Some examples of when we collect this information include:
- when you order products from our website
- when you register for an account, complete forms on our website, subscribe to our newsletters and mailing lists, sign up to competitions and special offers
- when you interact in any social media functions
- when you submit correspondence to us, make an enquiry, provide feedback or make a complaint by email or on our website
- update your profile and other account details including your address book
- when you fill in a form, conduct a search, respond to surveys, participate in our promotions or use any other features of the website
- register to and/or attend our events
- ‘follow’, ‘like’, post to or interact with our social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram.
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data; shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf; and shall consent on their behalf to the transfer of their personal data abroad.
How We Use This Information
We collect information about our users for the following purposes:
- to provide a personalised service on the website which targets information, services, content and offers relevant to you
- to identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us
- to enable you to place orders, and to process and facilitate transactions with us
- to provide customer service and support
- to send you information about changes to our terms or policies
- for marketing purposes such as competitions, promotions, or marketing events
- to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law
- to carry out customer profiling and analyse your purchasing preferences
Who We Share This Data With
With your consent (where required), we share your personal data with:
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- Third parties we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf including, but not limited to, handling payments, hosting services, database maintenance, delivery of your order and conducting analytics.
- If we undergo a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of our assets.
- Our website is connected to Google Analytics to help improve the experience when shopping on our site and no personal data is shared on this platform.
Retaining Your Data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure and is kept for only so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is used.
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
Where we process personal data in connection with performing a contract we will keep the data unless you ask for it to be removed.
Keeping Your Information Secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will also use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Indeed, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us.
What Rights Do You Have?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (http://ico.org.uk)
From time to time we may also have other methods to unsubscribe (opt-out) from any direct marketing including for example, unsubscribe buttons or web links. If such are offered, please note that there may be some period after selecting to unsubscribe in which marketing may still be received while your request is being processed.
If you wish to discuss the personal data we hold about you please get in contact via email: email@example.com.
Cookies And How To Manage Them
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer or electronic device when you access our website. Similar technologies include web beacons, action tags, local shared objects (‘flash cookies’) and single-pixel gifs. Such technologies can be used to track users’ actions and activities, and to store information about them. We use these cookies and/or similar technologies on this website.
- how visitors use a website, for example, by recording which pages users go to most often (all on an anonymous basis)
- if they get error messages from web pages
- to remember the choices a user makes, such as a username or language preference to improve their experience
- a user’s browsing habits, in order to make advertising relevant to you or your interest
This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this information may be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
In addition it should be noted that in some cases our cookies or similar technologies may be owned and controlled by third parties who will also collect personal information about you.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Changes To This Privacy Notice