KOKINARA’s handmade jewellery is crafted in 925 sterling silver, plated in 18ct gold and adorned in multiple cubic zirconia stones. It is important to treat your pieces with a little extra care to ensure they keep their original beauty and brightness. Here are some quicks tips on how to care for and maintain your jewellery’s vibrancy:
- Store your jewellery individually, in your KOKINARA pouch provided with each order, so that it doesn’t tangle, rub or scratch against other pieces. Particular care should be taken with zirconia stones to ensure that they do not knock against one another when stored.
- Your jewellery should be stored away from direct sunlight and heat as it may cause tarnishing. With time and wear, tarnishing of sterling silver is a natural process that can be cleaned: use a mild soap with lukewarm water and a soft toothbrush, then rinse with clean water and pat dry with a soft, non-abrasive cloth.
- Do not store your jewellery in humid places, avoid swimming, showering while wearing gold-plated jewellery and remove rings when washing your hands. Chlorine, salt water and fresh water can damage precious metals and gemstones by dulling or eroding them. We also recommend you remove your jewellery before any physical activity.
- Your jewellery should be the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off. Exposure to certain harsh chemicals (perfumes, lotions, hairspray, body oils, deodorant…) will result in compromising the integrity of your pieces.
- Just like you, your jewellery needs rest too, so don’t forget to take it off before going to bed from time to time.
Important note: KOKINARA can’t guarantee that its gold-plated jewellery will last forever. Gold-plated items are, by default, more fragile and susceptible to lose their colour with time and wear. The speed at which the plating fades will depend on multiple variables (chemical products used for skincare, level of perspiration and even your natural skin pH).